Boat rentals in Gran Canarias
On Nautal you find boats rentals in Gran Canaria with skipper or without skipper. Sailing boats
, motorboats and more in Gran Canaria and/or worldwide. Flexible cancellation
or change of date up to 15 days before check-in on selected boats.
In the Gran Canaria, boat rentals can make it easier to visit the third-largest island of the Canaries archipelago. The dramatic variation of terrain ranging from the green and leafy north to the lush mountainous interior and desert. A boat rental in Gran Canaria means you can experience the different microclimates around the coast! Or why not go whale watching? The coast of Gran Canaria gives you so many opportunities for things to do.
Why charter a boat in Gran Canaria?
The island of Gran Canaria is the perfect place to practice all kinds of water sports at any time of the year thanks to its excellent climate: boat and catamaran trips, diving, surfing or lateen sailing (which has a strong tradition and is considered an autochthonous sport).
Some of the most popular beaches for water activities are Taurito, Mogán and Playa del Inglés.
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Gran Canarias?
You can rent a catamaran in Gran Canaria from 6,300 euros per week in low and high season.
You can rent a sailboat in Gran Canaria from 1600 euros per week in the low season and from 1800 euros per week in the high season.
You can rent a yacht in Gran Canaria from 950 euros per day in low and high season.
You can rent a motorboat in Gran Canaria from 400 euros per day in the low season and high season. There is also the possibility of renting a boat for a period of less than a day (half-day or by the hour).
Is it possible to rent a boat in Gran Canarias with or without a skipper?
Renting a boat in Gran Canaria with a skipper is ideal if you want to be guided through the best places in the area and dedicate yourself exclusively to enjoy sailing.
You can rent boats in Gran Canaria without a skipper if you have the appropriate license or if there are boats available for rent that do not require a license. It is definitely a great idea to be the captain of your own boat.
What to do in Gran Canarias?
Boat charters in Gran Canaria give you the opportunity to sail around the island, or even island-hop to the other islands nearby. Gran Canaria boat trips can take you to places such as Fuerteventura
, and Lanzarote
When you rent a charter boat in Gran Canaria, sail towards the golden dunes of Maspalomas beach and the lighthouse of the same name. They are located on the southern tip of the island and are, without a doubt, two of the most famous profiles of Gran Canaria.
The Maspalomas Dunes Nature Reserve, an enormous area of exceptional value, is made up of three unique ecosystems: the Palm Grove, the Pond and the dunes, located just a few metres from the sea. A boat hire in Gran Canaria is a one of a kind experience.
In contrast, we find the beach of Melenara, a small shell-shaped cove in the southeast of the island, with fine dark sands, mainly basaltic. The perfect plan for sailing in Gran Canaria!
What a hundred years ago was a fishing enclave, today is a small coastal village called Tufia. Tufia has a cove protected from the frequent winds of the area. This small beach of sand and volcanic rock, surrounded by houses painted white and blue, confuses visitors for a moment and makes them wonder whether they are in Gran Canaria or on a Greek island. It is undoubtedly a place full of personality that is worth visiting with your boat rental in Gran Canaria.
Looking for another place to go with your Gran Canaria boat hire? The natural pool area of El Puertillo has always been a meeting place for locals from the north, located on the coast of Aruca.
No matter how you plan your boat trips in Gran Canaria, a boat rental near you is a great way to discover dolphins and whales and beaches!
How is the weather and sailing conditions in Gran Canarias?
Gran Canaria has a lot of climatic diversity. Due both to its altitude and to the effect of the trade winds, which cause great differences in the landscape between windward and leeward. It is considered the city with the best climate in the world. Renting a boat in Gran Canaria is a good idea all year round. So why not rent a boat near you!
Which are the most popular ports in Gran Canarias?
- In terms of harbours, the Real Club Náutico de Gran Canaria harbour, where the main activity is dinghy sailing.
- Muelle Deportivo de las Palmas, which is located on the route between the European, African and American continents and stands out as the first port in the Mid-Atlantic and is one of the most important in Spain.
- The Port of Las Palmas is connected to 180 ports on the five continents and close by is the Port of Las Nieves.
- Pasito Blanco Yacht Club is only 2 kilometres from the main tourist centre of the island, Maspalomas Costa Canaria and Meloneras. Its privileged location in an area of the island where gentle southerly breezes and a warm climate prevail throughout the year, make it a wonderful refuge for those sailing in the Canary Islands and calling at Gran Canaria.
- The Pasito Blanco marina currently has 381 berths for boats from 6 metres to 40 metres in length.
- A few kilometres away we have the ports of Marina Anfi del Mar, Puerto Rico, Puerto de Arguineguín where you can find moorings and services for crews, and Puerto de Arguineguín, where you can also find a marina for yachts.
- Finally, the marina of Mogan, which has 225 moorings with water, electricity and satellite television, together with the fishing port, with its typical seafaring atmosphere, make Puerto de Mogan an ideal and unforgettable place.
How to get to Gran Canarias?
If we arrive by boat, we will arrive at Puerto de la Luz, which is the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and from which ferries and catamarans depart to the rest of the islands of the archipelago or to the port of Cadiz, to the mainland.
You can also fly to the central airport of Gran Canaria, in the south of the island, from where buses depart every half hour to Las Palmas.