Rent a boat in Mallorca
Boat rentals in Mallorca are available to rent with or without a skipper in Mallorca on the Nautal website. Search for sailboats, catamarans, motorboats and yachts charters in Mallorca and in the world. Flexible cancellation or date changes up to 15 days before check in is allowed on selected boats. The Balearic island of Mallorca is undoubtedly the most popular holiday destination for boating. In addition to the wild nightlife, the island is also known for its beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters and beautiful nature.
Mallorca is about 170 km from the Spanish mainland and with an area of 3640 square kilometers the largest island of the Balearic Islands. Mallorca is one of the most popular destinations for a boating holiday for tourists as well as Spaniards. What could be better than renting a boat in Mallorca, sailing by day and soaking up the local culture by night? All around the island, you'll find plenty of bars and restaurants where you can enjoy some tasty tapas.
Mallorca boat rentals gives you the opportunity to discover the dreamy little coves and take a refreshing swim away from the crowded beaches. The steep coastlines are not accessible from the land side.
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Mallorca?
Renting a boat in Mallorca costs from 230 $ per day in low season and from 6,010 $ for a week in high season. Several factors can influence the price of your boat charter in Mallorca, such as type of boat, length, age, capacity, season, duration of charter, with or without a skipper, extras, etc.
1 day: from $850 in low season
1 week: from $4,900 in low season
Skipper: from $180 per day
1 day: from $1,100 in low season and $2,800 in high season
1 week: from $2,400 in low season and from $6,010 in high season
Skipper: from $200 per day
1 day: from $295 in low season and $650 in high season
1 week: from $1,060 in low season and from $2,500 in high season
Skipper: from $200 per day
1 day: from $230 in low season
1 week: from $850 in low season
Is it possible to rent a boat in Mallorca with or without a skipper?
Renting a boat in Mallorca with a skipper is ideal if you want to be guided through the best places in the area and get the most out of your sailing experience. An additional cost of a skipper per day starts from 180 $. Rent a yacht in Mallorca Spain and make the most of your charter holiday! There are a large selection of yachts available on the website perfect for your family and friends.
You can hire a boat in Mallorca without a skipper if you have the appropriate nautic licence or if there are boats available to rent that do not require a licence. It is without a doubt a great idea to be the captain of your own boat if you are an experienced sailor. Make your sailing holiday special with a personalised boat tour that only you decide!
What to do in Mallorca?
Mallorca's magic springs from its many facets. From the old fishing village to the mega-marina, from the high mountains of the Tramuntana to long beaches and small beautiful bays, here everyone really gets their money's worth. Best of all, the easiest way to reach everything is by renting a boat and enjoying unrestricted views of the beautiful island of Mallorca.
Mallorca is considered to be home to some of Europe's best natural parks. Set sail in your luxury yacht for the southeast, where you'll find the Cabrera Archipelago, a national park made up of 19 tiny islands, ideal for hiking and getting out in the fresh air.
The rugged hills of the Llevant Peninsula Nature Reserve, in the northeast of Mallorca, will give you some of the Mediterranean's most spectacular views - and if you want to see something totally different, anchor your charter near the wetlands of Mondragó Natural Park. Mallorca boat charters allow you to easily move from one place to another.
The four different coastal sections offer a lot of variety. There is a lot to discover on a chartered boat trip. On the northwest coast, the Serra de Tramuntana - a huge mountain range with steep cliffs - will inspire you with its 1445 meters altitude.
The east coast is crossed by the mountain range "Serres de Llevant" and on the southern coast there are countless bays and beaches, secure anchorages and well-equipped marinas. Check out the boat charters in Puerto Portals if you are in the south of Mallorca and head to Portals Nous (Oratori) Beach. You can check out the restaurants and bars in this area or drop your anchor and relax while your meal is cooked by the chef on your private yacht.
The west coast has a lot of charm. There you will notice there is very little boating traffic and the coast is mostly natural and undeveloped. Especially in the north-east of the island, sailing in yacht rental is recommended, as there are many small bays, which can only be reached by motorboat. Here is also the bay of Pollença, one of the best sailing spots in Europe.
From the water side, it is easy to get to these bays. Its clear waters and pristine beaches convey a Caribbean flair. Rent a sailboat or a catamaran in Mallorca and discover the quiet, unknown side of the island in small bays with fine sand and turquoise blue water. Check out the boat hires in Mallorca.
How is the weather in Mallorca?
The best time for a boat charter on the Balearic island of Mallorca are the months of April to October. Although it rarely rains in the months of June, July and August, temperatures can rise to as much as 32 ºC, which can lead to high humidity levels.
If you want to avoid the summer Mediterranean heat, you should plan your boat charter in the spring, from the end of March to June. Because in these months, pleasant temperatures, which bring the nice side effect, that the beaches are empty and popular piers are still free.
Those who travel the sea can expect a light to medium breeze. However, you can not expect the weather all year round. Only from June the sea heats up to 20 ºC, at the end of August it reaches 25 ºC. But even winter can be an attractive travel time.
In winter, temperatures seldom drop below 5 ºC. Mallorca has around 300 days of sunshine a year, so the sun is often seen even in winter. In addition, the charter companies often attract extremely low prices.
Which are the most popular ports in Mallorca?
The island has excellent maritime infrastructure - perfect for renting a boat of your choice. The choice of suitable anchorages is large, there are 42 ports and 83 anchor bays as well as great opportunities to rent sailboats, motorboats, yachts, catamarans and rib boats in various ports in Mallorca. We recommend to book fast, the best boats in Mallorca go first!
In subsequent ports and marinas in Mallorca you can rent the right boat for your dream vacation:
How to get to Mallorca?
For many, this question will not arise, because one thing is pretty sure. The fastest and most comfortable way to travel to Mallorca is by plane. That's why many tourists also choose the plane as a means of transport.
Flights to Palma de Mallorca are conveniently offered by many airlines from different locations. Once in Palma, you can take buses easily and cheaply in the different cities of the island. Ask us for a transfer from the airport. This is offered by many charter companies at the same time.
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Mallorca?
If you’re considering renting a boat in Mallorca, the price will differ depending on the time of year, the number of passengers on board, and the size and type of boat you choose. Of course, additional amenities or services could also affect the price, such as having a skipper on board. Below are the average prices of a private charter in Mallorca by boat type.
Sailboat: Set sail in style for just $630 per day.
Motorboat: Enjoy a smooth ride on the waves for $710 per day.
RIB: Zoom along the coast on a RIB for only $730 per day.
Gulet: Experience the ultimate luxury for $2,130 per day.
Yacht: Sail like a VIP on a yacht for $4,785 per day or $33,495 per week.
Catamaran: Explore Mallorca’s waters in comfort for $1,215 per day.
What does this include?
When you rent a boat with Nautal, you can expect a fully equipped vessel that comes with all the necessary safety gear, navigation equipment, and amenities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable sailing experience. Our boats are well-maintained and regularly serviced to ensure the highest standards of safety and reliability.
The harbors in Mallorca
- Port de Palma: Located in the capital city, Palma de Mallorca, Port de Palma is a bustling marina offering a range of facilities such as water, gas, electricity, and WiFi. It features a variety of restaurants, rental equipment services, and around 600 berths that can accommodate boats up to 230 feet in length.
- Port de Pollença: Situated in the north of Mallorca, Port de Pollença is a popular marina surrounded by beautiful landscapes. It offers water, gas, electricity, and WiFi, as well as a variety of restaurants serving local delicacies. With around 550 berths, Port de Pollença can accommodate boats up to 164 feet in length.
- Puerto Portals: Situated in the southwest of Mallorca, Puerto Portals is a marina known for its luxurious atmosphere. It provides water, gas, electricity, and WiFi services, along with a selection of high-end restaurants, boutique shops, and rental equipment facilities. With around 670 berths available, it can accommodate boats up to 295 feet in length.
- Port Adriano: Located on the southwestern coast, Port Adriano is a modern and stylish marina designed by Philippe Starck. It offers water, gas, electricity, and WiFi, as well as several waterfront restaurants and rental equipment options. With approximately 488 berths, Port Adriano can accommodate boats up to 196 feet long.
Where to sail in Mallorca?
- Cabrera Archipelago: Located south of Mallorca, the Cabrera Archipelago is a protected marine park boasting crystal-clear waters, stunning underwater landscapes, and secluded coves, making it a paradise for snorkeling and diving enthusiasts.
- Dragonera Island: Situated on the western coast, Dragonera Island offers a rugged and untouched natural beauty with hidden coves and caves, providing a serene and peaceful sailing experience.
- Cala Figuera: Nestled on the southeast coast, Cala Figuera is a picturesque fishing village surrounded by steep cliffs and turquoise waters, making it an ideal spot for swimming and enjoying the tranquil ambiance.
- Cala Deià: Located on the northwest coast, Cala Deià is a charming cove surrounded by dramatic cliffs and pine trees, offering a secluded and idyllic setting for swimming and sunbathing.
What can you see and do in Mallorca?
- Visit the Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma (La Seu): Explore the iconic Gothic-style cathedral in Palma, known for its impressive architecture and stunning interior.
- Discover the Serra de Tramuntana: Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed mountain range, offering breathtaking landscapes, charming villages, and scenic hiking trails.
- Explore the Caves of Drach: Venture into the underground world of the Caves of Drach, featuring stunning stalactite formations and an underground lake where classical music concerts are held.
- Relax on Playa de Palma: Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of Playa de Palma, a popular beach known for its golden sands, crystal-clear waters, and a wide range of water sports and beachside amenities.
- Visit the historic town of Alcudia: Wander through the ancient streets of Alcudia, surrounded by medieval walls, and explore its charming old town, local markets, and Roman ruins.
Rent a boat with or without a skipper
Many of our boat charters in Mallorca come with the option of sailing with a skipper and/or crew. Although this may come at an extra cost, having a skipper on board can, no doubt, provide you with an even more enjoyable experience! Your skipper can adapt the sailing route so that your voyage best suits the desires of you and the rest of your party.
Additionally, setting sail with a skipper will make your voyage even more comfortable! The skipper will take care of all the technical aspects of sailing, so all you need to do is sit back and relax.
If you would like to take charge of your yacht charter in Mallorca, then bareboat charters are the way to go. Enjoy a bareboat charter if you have a license and set sail at your own pace. You need a valid boating license to enjoy a boat this way so check with the boat owner beforehand to see that your license is valid.
When is the best time to go?
The best time to visit and rent a boat in Mallorca is during the high season, which typically extends from June to September. During this period, you can expect warm and sunny weather, perfect for sailing and enjoying the island's pristine waters. The approximate average temperature during the high season ranges from the mid-70s°F to low 90s°F.
In May and October, Mallorca experiences mild temperatures and fewer tourists. The approximate average temperature during these months ranges from the mid-60s°F to low 80s°F, offering comfortable conditions for sailing and exploring the island.
What boat should I rent?
Before choosing the right vessel for your boat rental in Mallorca, you first have to think about the duration of your holiday. If you’re only going to sail for a few days, it is best to opt for a daily charter such as a motorboat or a RIB. With the speed of these vessels, you’ll be able to see everything on your wish list in no time.
If you’re planning a longer charter of a week or more you should choose a vessel that includes amenities you’ll need during your stay. Catamarans and yachts have the space and accommodations on board to ensure a comfortable stay on the water. For a more luxurious holiday, you might consider a gulet, and for an authentic sailing experience a sailboat.
If you’re unsure about whether or not a vessel suits your needs, feel free to contact the boat owners to get a better sense of what is included on board. With our large fleet, you’ll have no problem finding the perfect boat for your Mallorca boat charter!